ALERT: Significant snowfall expected

Significant snowfall is occuring and expected to continue on Bowen Island. Crews are plowing and salting roads in the following order of priority:

-Main roads and bus routes
-Secondary roads, once the snow fall has stopped
-Third-priority roads, after the snow fall has stopped and all other main and secondary roads are passable

Please make room for plows. Vehicles parked on narrow roadsides make it difficult or impossible for plows to get through. There are many dead-end roads on Bowen. If a plow is unable to turn around at the end of a road, it can't clear the road.

Property owners are responsible for making sure the sidewalks next to their property are kept clear of snow and ice, to ensure the safe passage of pedestrians.

Read more about snow and ice removal

Change Your Address

We require notification of a change of address in writing. Follow these instructions to change your name or address on your property tax or utility account.

Change your mailing address

If you are a registered owner and need to change your mailing address:

  1. Download, complete, and sign this BC Assessment notification form
  2. Submit your completed form to us
  3. We will make change your address in our system, and also forward it to BC Assessment

Where to send your notification form

Submit your form to Municipal Hall in person, by mail, or by e-mail to

Change name or ownership

Any change of ownership of all real property in British Columbia, including a change in name, must be filed with:

Land Titles Office
Suite 300 - 88 Sixth Street
New Westminster, BC
V3L 5B3

Telephone:  604-630-9630